Welcome to my blog! I'm going to be using it almost like an artistic journal. I'll be posting new work, sketches, scribbles, and finished pieces. All the work is solely mine unless specified. So stick around, I can guarantee a journey. Comments are welcomed.

You can visit my website and online portfolio at:
www.BraxtonIllustration.com


Saturday, February 5, 2011

Look what I found!

I don't have many of my big foundation studies pieces on the computer. I'd like to eventually get some professional-like pictures of some of them before they get smudged away or ruined somehow, but there is plenty of time for that. I did however, snap a few pictures with my digital camera a couple years ago of a few of them. The pictures are not that great of quality and the second piece I had to crop because of this horrible looking glare (lol).
      Anyways, these two pieces I thought I would post today. They are a lot more traditional than what I'm currently working with, but I like doing fine art too. The piece with the spiral composition I believe I titled "Vegas Baby!", I did either late freshman or early sophomore year. Its done in black and white charcoal and I think its 20x30.
             The second piece is from around the same time period, maybe a little earlier, and its an 18x24 live nude model study that was done in black charcoal (blehhh, so glad I don't have to work in that medium anymore unless I choose to). I think I did it in about 4 hours, because I believe the model sat for us for 1 1/2 classes. Its very loose and the background is just implied. I wish the picture had turned out better so i didn't have to crop it because the actual piece is put away and would be hell to try and drag it back out (lol). I really want to post some of my other model studies up here, because there was a while there a few years ago when I was doing them all the time.
         
 
                                    ---CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE---


                       ---CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE---

Untill next time,
-Braxton 
P.S. I'm working on the children s book this weekend so ill try and post those sketches next time.
                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment